Nottingham Forest have paid tribute to double European Cup winner Larry Lloyd, who has died at the age of 75.
Lloyd, who also won the First Division title and UEFA Cup with Liverpool, was a key player in the Forest side which won the European Cup in 1979 and 1980 under manager Brian Clough.
The Bristol-born defender won four caps for England and went on to manage Wigan and Notts County following the end of his hugely-successful playing career.
We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Larry Lloyd.
Part of the Miracle Men, Larry was an integral player in the Forest side that memorably won back-to-back European Cups in 1979 and 1980, making 218 appearances for the club in total.
We send our condolences to…
— Nottingham Forest (@…
Thomas Muller is fast becoming a modern FIFA World Cup great and is set to contest his first final on Sunday.
At just 24 years old, Bayern Munich attacker Muller has accumulated an impressive list of honours, with three Bundesliga titles, a UEFA Champions League winners medal and a FIFA Club World Cup triumph already in the bag.
While rarely mentioned alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi who he will come up against in Sunday s clash with Argentina when it comes to discussions over the best player in the world, it is also difficult to find fault with Muller s World Cup record.
After claiming the Golden Boot with five goals at the 2010 tournament in South Africa, where he was named the best young player, Muller has been utilised as Germany s mo…
Milan forward Robinho is still unsure where he will be playing next season, amid reports he is set to join incoming MLS team Orlando City.
Robinho is under contract with Milan until 2016 but Orlando City set to compete in the MLS in 2015 have made no secret of their desire to reunite Robinho with new recruit Kaka in the United States.
A deal between Milan and Orlando City is yet to be agreed, although Robinho told Sky Sport Italia talks were ongoing.
The 30-year-old Brazilian also thanked Milan s fans in a comment that is set to spark talk of an imminent departure from the Italian giants.
We do not know yet (where I will go), said Robinho, who won the Serie A title with Milan in 2010-11.
For fans of Milan I can only say thank you for everything.…
Manchester City playmaker Kevin De Bruyne has backed new recruit Leroy Sane to shine in the Premier League.
De Bruyne successfully swapped the Bundesliga for the English top flight last year, scoring 16 goals in all competitions after City paid Wolfsburg a club-record fee – reportedly £55million for the Belgium international s services.
Sane established himself as the star performer at Schalke last term and De Bruyne believes his own eye for an assist – he created nine Premier League goals in 2015-16 will work well in tandem with the 20-year-old Germany attacker, whose international team-mate Ilkay Gundogan was Pep Guardiola s first close-season recruit.
Leroy Sane is a class player. I want him to shine with my assists, De Bruyne told Sport Bild.
M…
FC Porto have reportedly reached an agreement to sign Dutch midfielder Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord.
The Dragons have been very busy in the summer transfer window, making a number of quality signings, but they do not seem ready to end the summer recruitment just yet.
Porto officials are currently in talks over the signing of Netherlands starlet Jordy Clasie, with Ron Smit, a chairman of the Feyenoord supporters committee claiming the two clubs have agreed on a €9 million transfer fee.
The Netherlands international was left out of the squad to face Heerenveen yesterday evening, which is enough to suggest the 23-year-old is on the verge of leaving the club.
Jordy Clasie has developed into one of league s top midfielder since joining Feyenoord from Excelsi…
New Barcelona signing Ousmane Dembele has denied that his €105million price tag places him under extra pressure to perform.
The 20-year-old has agreed a five-year contract in a deal that could cost as much as €145m, shattering the previous club-record fee Barca paid Liverpool to sign Luis Suarez in 2014.
But Dembele, whose official presentation at Camp Nou took place on Monday shortly after he completed a medical, says significant sums are now to be expected in the transfer market.
I m not under pressure, he told a media conference. The transfer market is a little crazy, but I m here to do my job well on the pitch and I m not thinking about this sort of thing.
Dembele was signed from Borussia Dortmund as a replacement for Neymar, who left for Paris…
Chelsea and Manchester City are considering a move for Tottenham Hotspur defender Toby Alderweireld, according to the Metro.
The twenty-eight year old has just two years remaining on his current deal and while the North London club have an option of extending his stay by a further year it would trigger a release clause of £25m.
Alderweired followed manager Mauricio Pochettino to Spurs in the summer of 2015 having spent the 2014-15 campaign on loan at Southampton from Ajax.
Since arriving in the English capital the Belgium international has racked up ninety-one appearances in all competitions, scoring six goals.
He has been capped sixty-eight times for his country, scoring three goals with his last outing coming as his side beat Greece by two goals to…
รวมค่ายสล็อต ถ้าพูดถึงเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ BETFKIK 168 ที่ได้รับความนิยมอันดับ 1 ในประเทศไทย เว็บรวมเว็บไซต์สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ รวบรวมเกมดังทุกค่าย แจ็คพอตแตก แจกจริง โบนัสแตกง่าย สล็อตเป็นเกมที่เล่นง่ายและทำเงินได้อย่างรวดเร็ว แทงทางไหนก็ได้กำไรแน่นอนเรา UFABET เป็นเว็บผู้ให้บริการโ…
In light of Johann Pilestedt recently stepping down as the CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios in favour of a role as the studio’s chief creative officer, Pilestedt, along with new CEO Shams Jorjani, spoke about their plans for the studio going forward in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz.
The duo spoke about not wanting to expand Arrowhead Game Studios too quickly in light of its recent success with Helldivers 2. Pilstedt said that he wants the studio to be like FromSoftware or Blizzard, in that the he wants the studio to work on games that they want to make, rather than being forced to work on a project due to circumstances.
“We pride ourselves on being an indepeCasino Gamingndent stud…
If Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics wasn’t enough, Capcom has announced a modern re-release of SNK vs. Capcom: SVC CHAOS. It’s out on PC via Steam and launches July 22nd for PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Check out the announcement trailer below.
Launched insports betting July 2023, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC CHAOS features 36 fighters from both companies. SNK fields Fatal Fury mainstays like Mai Shiranui and Terry Bogard alongside Shiki (Samurai Shodown 64) and Mars People. Capcom has the likes of Ryu, Chun-Li, Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers) and Zero (Mega Man Zero). You can even immeidately play as secret Arcade characters, At…